Thursday, September 6, 2012
0.8.0 public test server - around the corner
There are some rumors around the WoT forums that the 1st public test of the upcoming 0.8.0 update will be available sometime today or later tomorrow at worst.
There is also available a short list of changes 0.8.0 vs 0.7.5, original here
- added new USSR TDs: SU-100M-1, СU-101 (Uralmash-1), СU-122-54, Object 263.
- added new premiums (for testing only!): Panther-M10, Pz IV Schmalturm, СU-122-44.
- British Matilda Black Prince added to Store
- added new "deffered" graphic render ("advanced graphics" in settings) - this will improve the graphic quality big time!
- old "forward" graphic render can be enabled in settings ("standard graphics") - its performance has been increased substantially
- the following maps have been adjusted for the new render and lighting effects (terrain, lighting, sky, and other): Himmelsdorf, Mines, Karelia, Lakeville, Sand River, Cliff, Fjords, Mountain Pass, Arctic Region, Westfield.
- all other maps only had lighting effects reworked.
- changed physics of vehicle movement. Now it's possible to jump from hills, sind in water, push enemy tanks, leap on rough terrain, drift, etc
- fixed bug with sudden turn of both tanks while continuously ramming each other
- fixed most of the known issues with tanks getting stuck in objects and terrain
- added new functionality allowing to add emblems/logos and text on your vehicle (predetermined sets)
- reworked camo system
Old camos sold at buying price
Each tank now has 3 camo types: summer, winder, and desert which are changed based on the map.
Each camo gives 5% camo bonus.
- fully reworked the design of tech trees in UI. Now it's horizontal and contains prems.
- Assault and Encounter battles are now selectable
- added new post-battle stats. Now they are way more detailed and displayed in hangar after the battle.
- new radial command menu added (press Z to activate)
- in after-death mode it's possible to select vehicle to spectate using CTRL+LMB on team list
- reworked special effects when driving through water
- reworked basic UI elements: buttons, windows, backgrounds, check boxes, etc
- improved UI of exp conversion: added filters, total sum of exp to convert.
- in training battle window it's possible to swap teams
- added "improved suspension" equipment for French and USA tanks
- added new "report player options", you can send up to 5 per day now
- reworked rescaling of mini-map and its markers and symbols
- map ping is played only once per indication of a particular mini-map sector
- fixed the effect when gun goes up when swtiching from sniper to 3rd person view near buildings and big objects
- improved firing/shooting sounds. There are 11 categories based on caliber and muzzle brake factor (yes/no)
- added new sounds for tracks. There are 4 categories based on vehicle class. Sounds differ based on terrain and speed.
- added extra sounds when driving on wooden bridges, sand, and other
- added multiple new sounds for new physics: turning, drifting, ramming various parts of the vehicle etc
- improved sounds for "penetration", "ricochet", "detracking"
- other "sound" improvements
- Added 12 new medals
- changed accuracy and penetration of all German 7.5cm L43, L48, L70 guns
- Pz IV: top turret changed, 7.5cm L/70 removed
- T-54: new gun 100mm D-10T2S added
- Normalization of all AP and APCR shells reduced to 4-5 degrees.
- T-54: reserach cost via T-44 decreased from 160100 to 142000
- T-43: Increased armour of top turret.
- Tier 7 and 8 SPGs: substantially increased repair costs.
- Rebalanced multiple tanks. Full details will be available upon the final release of 8.0 update.